demux/mux stalling

Andrés González acandido at hi-iberia.es
Wed Feb 16 07:06:59 PST 2011

Hello,

On 16/02/11 15:05, Babineau, Denis wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm experimenting with gst-launch and different pipelines trying to
> get a better understanding of the flow. Ultimately I'd want to be able
> to mux multiple streams from different sources (files). However I'm
> having problems just demuxing and remuxing a single file.
>
> The following works, however I have to decode and re-encode which I
> don't want to do:
>
> gst-launch -v filesrc location=test.ogg ! oggdemux name=demux demux. !
> queue ! theoradec ! theoraenc ! queue ! mux. demux. ! queue !
> vorbisdec ! vorbisenc ! queue ! mux. oggmux name=mux ! filesink
> location=new.ogg
>
> The following doesn't work, everything looks ok, it goes to PLAYING
> but it just stalls there and I get an empty file:
>
> gst-launch -v filesrc location=test.ogg ! oggdemux name=demux demux. !
> "video/x-theora" ! queue ! mux. demux. ! "audio/x-vorbis" ! queue !
> mux. oggmux name=mux ! filesink location=new.ogg
>
> I tried different permutations, with queues, without queues but I
> can't figure out why it's stalling ..
>
> Thanks
>
> Denis

I had a similar problem some time ago (in a python program, not with
gst-launch). The solution was using a "multiqueue".

Here is the thread (you can see the python programs in the files
attached to the posts):

http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Simple-ogg-pipeline-doesn-t-work-td3076883.html

Documentation:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-multiqueue.html