[gmail] how to "stream a video" on a Linux PC?

Tom fb8fb8 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 15:33:38 PST 2011

Thanks for your reply!
I followed the instructions in the link you sent me, but I still got an
error.

If I do this:
gst-launch v4l2src !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240,framerate=\(fraction\)5/1 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! jpegenc ! multipartmux ! tcpserversink host=192.168.2.1
port=5000
Then the error is:
(gst-launch-0.10:8222): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple
times
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Cannot
identify device '/dev/video0'.
Additional debug info:
v4l2_calls.c(482): gst_v4l2_open ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
system error: No such file or directory
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

So I guess video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 should be a file in my
current folder so I change it to 1.MPG that is a mpeg file in my current
folder.
Then the error is:
(gst-launch-0.10:8227): GLib-WARNING **: g_set_prgname() called multiple
times
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: link without source element

I am totally confused....Just started learning stream a few days ago and I
am not familiar with Linux...

So what do you think I should revise in the above command gst-launch?
Would you please give me some specific suggestion? Thank you very much! I am
really a "newbie" in this area :)

Tom