OGV - Determine individual stream duration t

Matt Veenstra matt at tribalmedia.com
Sun Feb 20 20:01:32 PST 2011

I have some source clips that I am merging together (end to end) with
Gnolin and gstreamer.  Some of the clips have different Audio and
Video length.  These generally our out of sync as well.

The problem I am having is when I use Gnolin and play the next file.
These streams becomes out of sync due to the different audio and video
streams of the first.

- Today I use the gst.discoverer API to grab the length of the audio
and video streams and then I take the shortest duration.
- I also tried to dump the streams to a raw format in a .mkv container
and individually these still report the same basic duration as the ogv
streams.
- If I load the file in QuickTime on Mac OS X it recognizes the actual
length of both streams.  And shows the proper difference in a file
these are off.

I am looking for ways to figure out the shortest actual stream
duration.  Is there a signal I could capture?  Is there another method
to figure this out?

Thanks again for the time,
Matt