Pipeline problem

Morris Ford morrishford at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:24:08 PST 2011

I am having a problem with a pipeline that I am working on. Actually,
several interconnected pipelines. The origin is in a gstreamer-java
routine attached to a large java app. The pipe coming out of gstreamer
is essentially "appsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg4 !
tcpserversink"

The caps coming out of appsrc is video/x-raw-rgb,width=320,
height=240, bpp=32, endianness=4321,
depth=24,red_mask=65280,green_mask=16711680,blue_mask=-16777216,framerate=10/1

If I connect to that tcpserver with a pipe like:
gst-launch tcpclientsrc host=127.0.0.1 port=3000  ! decodebin !
xvimagesink sync=false
I see the expected video.

The desired end result is to have a pipe that connects to that
tcpserver and creates a rtsp feed. I have tried about a million
variations but cannot find a pipe that will work as expected. It
either won't work at all or quits shortly after connecting. Here is an
example of the pipe:

./test-launch "( tcpclientsrc port=3000 ! decodebin ! ffenc_mpeg4 !
rtpmp4vpay name=pay0 pt=96 )"

Please note the "decodebin ! ffenc_mpeg4" in there. I assume that is
funky but I did that to get it to run without errors.

Help! Please!
Morris