vdpauh264dec plugin not recognized by playbin

Philippe Normand phil at base-art.net
Thu Feb 24 06:02:51 PST 2011

BTW WebKit uses a custom video sink to render frames to a Cairo surface.
I see you need to use a postprocess element and the vdpausink to render
video with VDPAU acceleration, I guess the WebKit video-sink would need
adaptations...

My knowledge of VDPAU is very limited, but I think that even if you
manage to get the vdpauh264dec element used by playbin2 you'd still need
to hook in the vdpauvideopostprocess ! vdpausink part.

Got this working with gst-launch:

gst-launch playbin2 uri=file://$HOME/101_ice_age_2-tlrD_h1080p.mov
video-sink="vdpauvideopostprocess ! vdpausink"

Philippe