Playbin2 versus uridecodebin; which one to use?

Yogesh Marwaha yogeshm.007 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 00:46:31 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm developing an application for transcoding without using encodebin
features.

At the moment I am able to rip audio cds with a simple pipeline like this
        gst_element_link_many(source, queue, audioConvert, audioEncoder,
container, sink, NULL);

Not I'm to take the next step and transcode local audio file. The question is
whether to use uridecodebin or playbin2. Using playbin2 is very convenient and
it looks like I'll be alble to adapt it as per my needs.

What do you recommend? I am unable to find any reason to use uridecodebin but
if you can shed some light on its advantages then I'll try to use it.

Regards,

Yogesh Marwaha