[gst-devel] Alsasink problem?

Radivoje Jovanovic radivojejovanovic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:09:29 CET 2011

gst-launch audiotestsrc ! alsasink -v
works no problem. I have realized that if I play the song using virtual
device instead of the real device the thing works just fine. I have made the
virtual device as:
pcm.mydev {
    type plug
    slave {
        pcm default
        rate 32000

    }
}

My driver supports all the rates from 8KHz to 48KHz, but it seems to me that
the rate in this song is different than what my driver supports.
Is this rate conversion suppose to happen in ALSA automatically or I have to
use ALSA through virtual device in order to get unsupported parameters to
work on my driver? If so, is it possible to specify multiple rates in my
virtual device or I have to have one rate only?
Cheers,
Ogi