[gst-devel] Play audio from a memory buffer?

Rohit Atri rohitratri at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:29:20 CET 2011

It can be put in the pipeline. But you need to pump data into it from your
application. Your application would be (sort of) the 'source' and appsrc is
like a cheat code to make the following elements think that there is
actually a source element in there at the start of the pipeline feeding them
gstbuffers.
Try looking up the output format of filesrc element and package your data
similarly and feed it to appsrc. Rest will be taken care by the
bin/pipeline.

Rohit

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Brad Goldsmith <bradley.goldsmith at gmail.com