[gst-devel] playing live mpegts stream over udp

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 20:08:31 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to play nicely a usual mpegts stream from network.  (720p
h264/ac3 mpegts over udp multicast)
The pipeline is:
gst-launch uridecodebin uri=239.102.101.3:1013 ! then audio and video
renderers.
My network interface is connected in 1GO.

With default properties, the video has a lot of macro block. If I record the
network packets in a pcap file then
I can perfeclty play the stream using pcapparse.
So I think the problem comes from some buffering pbs.

When configuring with some heuristics use-buffering=1, buffer-duration and
buffer-size properties of uridecodebin,
the video contains less macro blocks but it still contains enough block to
make me fill it's not normal.

With VLC the stream is played almost perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong ? Should I need a something like a jitterbuffer
(no rtp here) ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sincerely
Julien Isorce