[gst-devel] how do I packet pace rtp network traffic?

Redfern, Keith kredfern at tycoint.com
Thu Jan 20 10:54:57 CET 2011

We are developing a gstreamer based pipeline to read a video source, rtp payload the video frame and then udpsink the rtp packets.
We are finding that the pipeline bursts the rtp data unto the network, creating network spikes. In one example, the interpacket network delay is about 15micro seconds for approx 150 packets, meaning the whole video frame is delivered unto the network in 2.25ms.
Is there some way in which to 'pace' the rtp packets so that it takes 20-30ms to send the same frame?

Keith

Tyco Safety Products/CEM Systems Ltd.
Registered in Northern Ireland: NI 25728.  Registered Office: 195 Airport Road West, Belfast, BT3 9ED.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies in your possession.