[gst-devel] add_buffer_probe in python do nothing with gstreamer 0.10.32

Nicolas Bertrand nico at inattendu.org
Sun Jan 30 14:53:10 CET 2011

Hi,
I use gstreamer via pygst.
with the version 0.10.32 from launchpad dev. ppa I did not success to
execute add_buffer_probe = The callback is never executed.

This works fine with an older version of python-gst / libgstreamer. (cf.
version details below)

Code Example :

   def _capture_start_cb(self, wbin, b) :

         pad = self.get_by_name("JpegEncoder").src_pads().next()

         self._grabprobe = pad.add_buffer_probe(self._cb_process_frame, True)

     def  _cb_process_frame(self, pad, gst_buffer, ret):

         """ Callbak to inidicate that buffer is available from probe """

         pad.remove_buffer_probe(self._grabprobe)

         return True

Did somebody know if it is a misuse or a real problem ( in that case I
fill a bug) ?

cheers,
nico

Problem constated Versions :