VA plugins?

arnaud tonda arnaud.tonda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 15:42:23 PDT 2011

Hi,
2011/7/2 Edward Hervey <bilboed at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 22:08 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:37:59 +0200
> > Julien Moutte <julien at fluendo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > One option is to use the Fluendo commercial codec pack which supports
> > > VAAPI, VDPAU, DXVA2 and XVBA.
> > >
> > > For free alternatives I think there was a project for VA codecs, it
> > > has been mentioned on the list, you could search the archives.
> >
> > I think that would be the one I tried. I got it to compile in the end
> > after some Makefile(.am) hacking but when I tried to play an H264 mkv in
> > totem I got a "not negotiated" error. I'll experiment with my own
> > pipeline but unlike VDPAU there's no obvious way to deinterlace :-(.

I was facing the same problem. the "not negotiated" error. in fact, it
seems that the gwenole's decoder wan't some mandatory informations on
demuxer caps (height, width, framerate). it seems that original
demuxers (matroskademux, mpegtsdemux) don't provide these
informations. it's not the case if you try to construct a pipeline
with ffmpeg demuxers like ffdemux_mpegts or ffdemux_matroska_webm.
with these demuxer the video play fines.