Rendering Raw video with gstreamer

William Metcalf WMetcalf at niftytv.com
Wed Jul 6 15:58:13 PDT 2011

I am developing a c application using gstreamer and th decklink api which pulls in video frames from a capture card, stores them into a buffer, and pushes that buffer through a gstreamer pipeline.  One of my development steps right now is to write the buffers into a file, and try to play that file with gstreamer.  I am using the following pipeline to try and play the file:

gst-launch filesrc location=video.raw ! videoparse ! autovideosink

but the video produced is just a very bright grainy image, and I can sort of see my video in the background.  I have tried toying around with the "format" property but the video produced does not change.

I am new to playing around with raw video files, and I am not even really sure if autovideosink can handle raw video, so any help that anyone can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

- William