gstreamer video over LAN to browser with graphics overlay at broswer

Bert Douglas bertd at tplogic.com
Tue Jul 12 17:37:10 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I have gstreamer pipeline now sending out video using multicast RTP, (mpeg
transport stream containing h264)
The video is being received and displayed by browsers using the VLC web
plugin.
And it works great.  I can start and stop server and clients in any order.
 Great resolution, low latency.

Now I want to add a slowly changing graphic overlay on video
on browser side.
VLC "owns" its window and I can't do overlay on top of it.

What is best way to send video to browser, so it is possible to do local
graphic overlay at browser?

Thanks,
Bert Douglas