udpsrc element returns error "could not read from resource" in Windows

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Wed Jul 13 11:27:21 PDT 2011

I am trying to make a simple pipeline in Windows to send video via udp
from one computer to another.

The pipeline I am using to send looks like this - gst-launch
videotestsrc ! videoparse ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! udpsink host=192.168.42.68
port=52000

The pipeline I am using to receive looks like this - gst-launch udpsrc
port=52000 ! decodebin ! glimagesink

I run the second pipeline first and it just sits waiting for input on
the port.  I then run the first pipeline and I get the following output:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0: Could not
read from resource.
Additional debug info:
..\..\..\..\..\Source\gst-plugins-good\gst\udp\gstudpsrc.c(588):
gst_udpsrc_create (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0: receive
error -1 (WSA error: 10040)
Execution ended after 15002000 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I am knew to using udpsrc/udpsink and this is my first test pipeline.
Could someone please tell me what is causing this reading from resource
error?

Thank you,
William