gstreamer video over LAN to browser with graphics overlay at broswer

Bert Douglas bertd at tplogic.com
Wed Jul 13 12:39:48 PDT 2011

Ok. Here is the sending side.
This is specialized for our strange needs, it may not right right for
others.
I don't have access to receiving side.  Maintained by somebody else, and
part of a complicated web app.
But you can invoke VLC directly to catch this video.  Just point it at the
URL.
Be warned that most routers do not properly handle multicast data.

#!/bin/bash

export LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/libaravis.so"
export GST_DEBUG_NO_COLOR=1

gst-launch --gst-debug-level=0 -v \
      aravissrc name=src1 camera-name="$1" width=1280 height=960
frame-rate=29 \
   !  video/x-raw-gray, width=1280, height=960, pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1 \
   !  videobox top=386 bottom=386 qos=false \
   !  videoscale qos=false \
   !  video/x-raw-gray, width=1920, height=280, pixel-aspect-ratio=1/1 \
   !  videorate silent=true \
   !  video/x-raw-gray, framerate=30000/1001 \
   !  queue max-size-buffers=2 leaky=downstream silent=true \
   !  ffmpegcolorspace qos=false \
   !  x264enc profile=high speed-preset=ultrafast tune=0x00000006
byte-stream=true bitrate=15000 \
   !  mpegtsmux \
   !  rtpmp2tpay ssrc=0xdeadbeaf timestamp-offset=1 seqnum-offset=1 \
   !  udpsink host=239.1.1.1 auto-multicast=true port=$2 sync=false