Ignore unwanted data in pipeline

Sudarshan Bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 09:53:21 PDT 2011

Hi,

Changing udpsrc plugin code may not be a good idea because its a standard
plugin and in future if you want to use this plugin for other media formats
then again you need to change it, but in your own custom plugin you can add
a property and with this you can set whatever media type you would like to
go through.

The summary is that if you change udpsrc then it won't be generic anymore.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Umakant Goyal <umakantgoyal1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sudarshan thanks for your response.
>
> Can not i make changes in udpsrc plugin so that it only passes that is
> needed by downstream plugin?
> What would be better to make a new plugin that will decide what type of
> type of data is needed by downstream plugin or i add the same intelligency
> in udpsrc plugin?
>

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 3:22 AM, sudarshan bisht <
> bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I guess this is quite expected behavior but to overcome from this, you can
>> write a simple plugin, this would check the data, if it does not find
>>  something specific to G711 or H263  then return (check GstFlowReturn for
>> appropriate type) from the chain function without pushing any data to next
>> element.
>>
>> In receiver pipeline you can place this plugin right after udpsrc.
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM, Umakant Goyal <umakantgoyal1 at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Please Any help regarding my query??

>> --
>> Regards,