Dynamic text again

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Tue Jul 19 14:43:38 PDT 2011

On 07/19/11 19:35, jaro wrote:
> Thanks, this is close. I have a small question - why this text-clearing is
> not a problem here? :
>

> gst-launch -v filesrc location=subtitles.srt ! subparse ! txt.
> videotestsrc ! timeoverlay ! textoverlay name=txt shaded-background=yes !
> xvimagesink
>
> Maybe the subparse plugin does something special? Does there exist any
> similar plugin?
srt files contain timestamps. subparse will simple send a new buffer
when a new string is due. I have not check what in particular causes
textoverlay to remove the text.

You can either try to figure that out, or write an application that
whenever you get new text, set the text property of textoverlay.

Stefan