RTSP over HTTP

Nezer Zaidenberg nezer at videocells.com
Mon Jul 25 03:14:52 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm working on a system that needs to stream a video from Panasonic cameras
(BL-C101A's). It streams rtsp over http, and I'm trying to play it with
gst-launch by using:
"gst-launch -v rtspsrc location=rtsp://<ip>/nphMpeg4/nil-320x240 debug=true
protocols=10 ! rtpmp4vdepay ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace !
autovideosink"

When I do this, it plays 10 seconds on average (somtimes 1 second, sometimes
30), and then it crashes saying
"WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Could not
read from resource.

Additional debug info:

gstrtspsrc.c(3433): gst_rtspsrc_loop_udp ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:

The server closed the connection.

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Could not
read from resource.

Additional debug info:

gstrtspsrc.c(3540): gst_rtspsrc_loop_udp ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:
Could not receive message. (Network error: Resolver Error 0 (no error))".

The camera is working for sure.  (An old homegrown gstreamer component that
was used instead of RTSP source plays the stream... We try to replace it and
migrate to standard components)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
   Tomer