Gstreamer playbin integration in QT application

arnaud tonda arnaud.tonda at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 06:28:16 PDT 2011

Hi,

I answer to myself...

George was right.

the problem was that i did set the windowId on the video-sink too early.
in fact in my code i used the gst_bus_add_watch() that don't work in
my configuration.
i must use gst_bus_set_sync_handler() instead.

with this i can receive all messages transiting into the Bus and
waiting a GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT that contains a structure named
"prepare-xwindow-id". if a get the GstElement emitting this message
and apply the WindowId on it, all is fine.

here is a part of my switch on bus_message_callback :

		case GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT:
			 if (gst_structure_has_name (msg->structure, "prepare-xwindow-id"))
			     gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id(GST_X_OVERLAY(GST_MESSAGE_SRC
(msg)), windowId);
			break;

Thanks all and Best regards

Arnaud