RTSP Server Windows

William Metcalf wmetcalf at niftytv.com
Wed Jul 27 09:29:49 PDT 2011

Stefan,

I am working on a project that requires me to encode video and audio
from capture cards on a Windows machine, and send them over a network
(using gstreamer) to a streaming media server (in this case wowza on a
Windows or Linux machine), and then have that media server distribute
the video and audio to clients (on Windows or Mac) that connect to it.
I have not been able to send the video or audio from my Windows machine
to the wowza machine, and then connect any clients to the wowza
machine.  My current method is to have an SDP file on the Wowza machine
in order to receive the stream and forward it on, but I have been
unsuccessful thus far.

My next option was to convert the rtsp server to Windows, so that I can
forward my audio and video to wowza using rtsp and then have wowza
forward them to my clients.

Would this method not work, or do you know of a better way of
accomplishing this task from a Windows computer?  It is required that I
use gstreamer and wowza to finish my project, but it has proven to be
rather difficult so far, so any help you can provide would be greatly
appreciated.  If you need, I can provide the test pipeline and the sdp
file I have been testing with trying to stream from gstreamer to wowza.

Thanks,
William