Caps for full-range YUV data?

Gruenke, Matt mgruenke at Tycoint.com
Thu Jul 28 02:35:39 PDT 2011

If I want to represent YUV data with a range of 0-255 per sample, is there any combination of caps I can use to do so?  Normally, the range in use is [16, 235] for luma and [16, 240] for chroma.

BTW, MPEG-4 supports both video_range types, depending on how the stream was encoded (16-235 being the default & the only one supported by a recent version of ffmpeg I looked at).  JPEG, on the other hand, is specified always to be full-range (although some video sources use 16-235, regardless).

Regards,
Matt Gruenke