How to play RTP packets

Nezer Zaidenberg nezer at videocells.com
Thu Jul 28 04:56:50 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have a (Panasonic BL-C101A) network camera that streams RTP over HTTP in
some (possible proprietary) manner. I filter out the tunneling data and
output a new clean RTP stream.
I am trying to use gstreamer to play the stream, but with no success thus
far.
I succeeded in dumping the RTP stream into a file and then playing it back -
but it was too fast (ten times faster than real time).
I did it using the command "gst-launch playbin file=file://path/file".
The problem seems to be that I need to specify the configuration arguments,
but I don't know how.
I do have a matching SDP file that the camera gives me, but I don't know how
I should use it.

How can I configure the gstreamer elements so that it will play the movie
right?

Some general info:
The encoding is MPEG4-ES and the frame rate is 90000.

Thanks
   Nezer