Looking for a GStreamer/Multimedia hacker

David Zhao david at davidzhao.com
Thu Jul 28 14:22:05 PDT 2011

Hello,

We are looking for a senior GStreamer/multi-media engineer to join the team.
This is a great opportunity for GStreamer hackers looking to do something
challenging.

Please reply to me off list if interested. The position is located at San
Francisco/Silicon Valley.

Join an exciting and fast-paced team within Motorola Mobility. Zumo was
recently acquired by Motorola and this is truly a "Startup within a big
company" opportunity. Work alongside the founding team that created ZumoCast
and ZumoDrive to bring the connected content experience to all your devices.
We are looking for people who can move fast, and have a strong passion for
building great software.

Job Description:
We are looking for great engineers to join our desktop application team. You
will be developing multi-media software that deals with encoding, decoding
of video and audio. You are passionate about media formats, transcoding, and
streaming and have prior experiences with conversion of media.

Specific Skills:
3+ years of experience with C, C++
Thorough understanding of various media containers, video and audio codecs
Experience with Java, OO Design
Experience with GStreamer, FFmpeg, and other media frameworks is a plus
Experience with the MP4 container, HTTP Live Streaming, H.264 and AAC
formats
B.S. in Computer Science or Equivalent