How to set properties in GStreamer elements

Sudarshan Bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 04:26:43 PDT 2011

In x264enc the type of tune property is GstX264EncTune , but you are setting
it as a string. So you need to pass an object of type GstX264EncTune.

In udpsink make sure type of host property is a string, e.g. "127.0.0.1".

All this information about which property is having which type can be
checked by doing "gst-inspect <plugin_name>".

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 10:29 AM, arpi d <reachtoarpi at gmail.com> wrote:

> How to set the element's properties in C using g_object_set():
>
> I would like to set the properties of x264enc element as
> x264enc tune=zerolatency byte-stream=true bitrate=300
>
> I have used this code I am getting the warning:
> g_object_set (videoenc,
> "tune","zerolatency","byte-stream",TRUE,"bitrate",300,NULL);
>
> GLib-GObject-WARNING **: value "((GstX264EncTune) Zero latency (requires
> constant framerate) | 134519424)" of type `GstX264EncTune' is invalid or out
> of range for property `tune' of type `GstX264EncTune
>
>   I would like to set the properties of  udpsink :
>
>   I have used this code and getting warning:
>
>   rtpsink = gst_element_factory_make ("udpsink", "rtpsink");
>   g_assert (rtpsink);
>
>   g_object_set (rtpsink, "port", 5000,"host", DEST_HOST, NULL);
>   g_object_set(rtpsink,"ts-offset",VOFFSET,NULL);
>

>   GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_object_set_valist: object class `GstUDPSink'
> has no property named `127.0.0.1'
>
>   Please some one reply me what I need to change that all work fine.
>
>   Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht