wave recorded on ubuntu does not work on windows xp

Kus, Tomasz Tomasz.Kus at hilti.com
Thu Jun 16 23:56:44 PDT 2011

In my application running on Ubuntu 10.04 I am recording wav files using  following pipeline:

autoaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=1,depth=16 ! wavenc ! filesink

When I try to play recorded file on Windows XP SP3, Windows Media Player starts playback and then displays error message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file".
The same file can be played on Ubuntu and on Windows 7 without any problem.

I assume that Win XP does not support compression mode used by my gstreamer pipeline.
Is it possible to have the file playable on all three operating systems, what would be a correct pipeline for that ?

Thanks