Installing gstreamer-plugins-bad on Ubuntu

Ron McOuat rmcouat at smartt.com
Fri Jun 24 08:39:39 PDT 2011

On 11-06-23 11:10 PM, Harm-Jan Blok wrote:

> Just a little question about this PPA, the PPA seems to have only the 'gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad' package, and doesn't have the 'gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse' package. Is there a reason why the multiverse package is not in the PPA?
>
> Thnx,
>
> HJ

I don't know the answer to that because I am not involved in the build.
I did check the Lucid version which is the system I use by looking at
the properties file list in Synaptic for the Ubuntu released packages
and downloading the .deb files from the PPA and looking at them with
archive manager. The bad and ugly PPA packages are the same content as
the Ubuntu released versions and therefore contain the exact same files
other than the revision of source code used to build them. This makes
sense or a real mess would result with the package manager. I often need
the ugly-multiverse package which is also not in the PPA because it has
the x264 encoder interface.

Ron