a question from a new to GStreamer

ibrahim suliman iss_kh at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 07:21:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am using the gst-launch tool to stream a video from a webcam attached to my laptop to another one using bandwidth-limited link connections and I am trying to find out what is the best codec I can use over such link. I know how to stream the video and how to receive it at the other end but I am still struggling to get the correct commands I can use to encode the stream with the different codecs such as H.264, MPEG, Theora, Dirac and so on in order to compare them and find out the optimal for my requirements. So I wonder if there is anyone who can help me in this and has a document listing and describing how to use the available codecs? It will be very appreciated.

Thanks

iss