How to play a list of MP4 files succesively

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Jun 30 14:30:26 PDT 2011

On 06/30/11 01:46, Shuang Bing wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
> I have build *a* simple *player* *to* process the
> "*about*-*to*-finish" signal, the *player* uses *playbin2* *to* build
> *a* pipeline *and* *filesrc* element *to* source the *MP4* *files*.

What are you using the filesrc for? Please let playbin2 handle picking
the source element.
> I used two *mp4* *files* for testing the gapless *playback*, *and* the
> *mp4* video can *play* *succesively* except some problems:
> 1. there is no *audio* for the second clip
> 2. when the second clip start, the *play* position value get with
> function "gst_element_query_position" keeps the value equaling *to*
> the duration *of* first clip, which means it can not get the real
> *play* position *of* the second clip
> 3. if I do *a* seek operation during the *playing* *of* the second
> *mp4*, the *audio* will come *and* *play* position value will be the
> real position
>
> So, could you please give me some more *advices*, thank you very much!

Hard to say what is wrong (without seeing your code). Please have a look
at the existing tests. If there is no test, try to wrte one that
reproduces your issue. If you manage to do that file a bug and attach
your test as a patch in git format.

Thanks
Stefan