Please give me advice about implementing gstreamer-vaapi

1978dmzx at jcom.home.ne.jp 1978dmzx at jcom.home.ne.jp
Thu Mar 3 05:48:36 PST 2011

Hello,

I've troublled about playing the movie with gstreamer-vaapi plugin and Qt
phonon for 4 weeks.

I've added "video/x-vaapi-surface" to rawcaps definition in gst-plugins-base
package.
And when the movie file(mpeg4,rev2)was selected on qmediaplayer(this is Qt's
demo program) , I've confirmed that "vaapidecode" was selected. but
xvimagesink was selected instead of "vaapisink".

Now I am planning to change the source code of "xvimagesink". if the
contents of "xvimagesink" is "vaapisink" then the movie play normaly.
Is this my idea right?
Please advice me!!

Best Regards,
Hiroshi