Flac files that will playback but not stream

Stuart Gray stuart68 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:44:47 PST 2011

Hi,

This message was originally posted on the Nabble mailing lists, but I can
now provide more information.

To re-cap I have flac files that I can playback using playbin2 uri=file:///
  ,  but when I try to stream these files using  playbin2 uri=http://  I get
the following error:

ERROR: from element /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/
GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source: Internal data flow
error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2507): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstSoupHTTPSrc:source:
streaming task paused, reason error (-5)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...

This is using Ubuntu 10.04, with lighttpd as the web server.

On the same machine I have a load of other flac files that all stream
perfectly.

I was asked to increase the debug level and provide all of the output, I
have included the area that I think is important and attached the file.

One of the offending flac files is also attached.

Although the issue is evident on my Ubuntu machine, I really want this to
work on an arm embedded system.

If I need to report this as a bug please tell me how I should do that. Also
where can I upload the flac file to?

Thanks,
Stuart