Lucid PPA hosed me! How do I revert?

wally bkg wb666greene at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:47:31 PDT 2011

Fortunately I found an answer on the Ubuntu forums.

Install: ppa-purge package

in a terminal with a long scrollback buffer (so you can manually reinstall
what fails to reinstall automatically after the purge)

sudo ppa-purge ppa_gstreamer-developers/ppa

This should be documented on the gstreamer-developers PPA homepave, but if
it is I sure couldn't find it!
IMHO the uninstall instructions need to be at least as prominent as the
installation instructions.

My advice is to think twice and carefully before installing from a PPA!

After "upgrading" using the Lucid PPA (