wav to ogg using Gstreamer Editing Services.

vineeth nvineeth at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 03:46:29 PDT 2011

Hi,
I was trying the test4.c example in
gstreamer-editing-services-0.10.1/tests/examples , which is used to append
one or more audio media files into a ogg file.
I was surprised to see that trying to combine wav files into a ogg file was
using mpegaudioparse and mp3 decoder.
May be this is a bug and this can be improved., can somebody pls clarify on
this.

The relevant command is :
./test4 file:///home/user/wav.ogg /mnt/hgfs/ubuntu_shared/streams/Windows\
Default.wav

The generated ogg file is fine, however I think the pipeline can be
optimized.

I have attached the logs with GST_DEBUG=3

Thanks,
--vineeth