Pushing images into a gstreamer pipeline (Olivier Aubert)

wally bkg wb666greene at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:50:07 PDT 2011

> Subject: Re: Pushing images into a gstreamer pipeline
> On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 17:42 -0500, wally bkg wrote:
> > Are there any elements to draw lines, circles, etc. into a GstBuffer
> > to overlay onto a video frame?
> The rsvgoverlay element (in recent versions of gst-plugins-bad) can do
> this.
>
> Olivier

Don't see any documentation for it in:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/ch01.html

gst-inspect doesn't show it my 10.04 system which has plugins-bad 0.10.18

My attempt at using the Ubuntu 10.04 ppa "current" gstreamer was a quick
disaster breaking my most important starting point:

gst-launch v4l2src ! xvimagesink

Without this working gstreamer is totally useless to me.  Recovery was not
pretty :(  So excuse me if I'm a bit gun shy about the bleeding edge.