theora comments

Andrés González acandido at hi-iberia.es
Fri Mar 25 05:35:43 PDT 2011

On 25/03/11 11:38, René Stadler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> use the taginject element. Example launch lines are in the documentation:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-taginject.html
>

> I'm assuming this is what you mean by "theora comments".
>
> --
> René Stadler

Many thanks, René. I think this can do the job for what I want, as I
just wanted to add some metadata in an Ogg file containing both video
and audio I was thinking in storing the metadata in the video track, but
it's okay if it goes in the audio.

Anyway, I observed that 'taginject' works well with 'vorbisenc', but
doesn't seem to work with 'theoraenc'. For example:

gst-launch-0.10  filesrc location=/home/agonzalez/Videos/dv/test1.dv !
dvdemux name=demux ! queue ! audioconvert ! taginject
tags="title=Videoclip,artist=SomeBand" ! vorbisenc ! queue ! mux. demux.
! queue ! dvdec !  videoscale ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240'
!  ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc ! oggmux name=mux ! filesink
location=test-dv-meta2.ogg

works, and you can see the metadata in Totem. But when moving taginject
just before theoraenc, there is not even a coincidence of the strings in
the file. Maybe the implementation for this feature is missing in theoraenc.