debugging gstreamer

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at vgocom.com
Fri Mar 25 06:39:04 PDT 2011

I am new to gstreamer development and trying to upgrade an existing
implementation on an embedded linux system to a newer version. The problem
that I am facing is that we put the plugins into a non-standard directory
and gstreamer can't seem to find them. This is the same directory as our
current system that works well. I have briefly looked into the gstreamer
code and there is a rich logging system implemented that should help me find
my error. Unfortunately I can't get it to work. I have been looking at
gstinfo.h and set the GST_LEVEL_DEFAULT to GST_LEVEL_LOG, I have verified
that the DISABLE_DEBUG and DISABLE_GST_DEBUG at not set. The only part of
the logging that I don't understand is the component part, so that may be
what is blocking me. Would someone please give me some guidance in getting
this to work?

Thank you,
Chuck Crisler