RTMP pause

James Chapman jamesclinux at gmail.com
Tue May 3 07:56:29 PDT 2011

I am working on adding pause support in rtmpsrc.

Currently, if the pipeline is paused for more than a minute or so, the
RTMP server drops the connection. I think this is because the client
should send an RTMP Pause request to the server to pause / unpause the
comms path but there is no code in rtmpsrc to do so. There is an API
in librtmp to do this, but it isn't used by rtmpsrc yet. RTMP Pause
requests include a timestamp parameter to set the position in the
stream where it is to be paused.

What is the preferred way for rtmpsrc to obtain the presentation
timestamp of the last buffer output by the pipeline sink in order to
send its RTMP Pause request?

What is rtmpsrc lacking that means it isn't considered a good plugin?
Is there motivation to work on those issues to improve it?

/james