gstreamer seeking

Krakora Randy Randy.Krakora at technicolor.com
Fri May 6 11:50:49 PDT 2011

Here's what I am doing:

    Glib::RefPtr<Gst::Event> seekEvent = Gst::EventSeek::create(1.0, Gst::FORMAT_TIME, Gst::SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH,
                                       Gst::SEEK_TYPE_SET, milliseconds*GST_MSECOND,
                                       Gst::SEEK_TYPE_NONE,-1);
    std::cout << "Seek Event seq num = " << seekEvent->get_seqnum() << std::endl;
    my_pipeline_object->send_event(seekEvent);

I was expecting a Gst::MESSAGE_ASYNC_DONE with a sequence number that corresponds to the one set above in the Event, but I never see it, although I know the seek completes and seems to work fine, I want to know in software when it is done. Is there a way to be notified of this? I don't really want to do a blocking call.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Regards,
Randy