Grab a single poster frame at a given point in time

Matt Veenstra matt at tribalmedia.com
Wed May 11 22:28:59 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I have searched without any luck.  I am trying to understand what a
pipeline looks like that lets me grab a poster frame at any given
point in time.

I can use something like this to capture images...
src ! demux ! jpegenc ! filesink location=test.jpg

But how do I only capture the one?  That is the part I don't
understand.  Should I use playbin to handle seeking?  Should I write a
simple python app to disconnect and change the sinks?

Thanks for the advice.
Matt Veenstra
tribalmedia