don't know how to handle video/x-gst-fourcc-dvhp

jin jin at sohovfx.com
Thu May 12 15:48:07 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have been successful in using gstreamer and its plugins to play majority of
the video file formats within Qt Phonon with gstreamer backend. I'd like to
thank all contributors of the gstreamer for creating this fantastic media
framework!

I am able to play most of the Quicktime videos with gst-ffmpeg plugin with an
exception to one particular HD Quicktime video. I am able to play the file
with ffmpeg just fine, but gstreamer compains that it cannot handle the file.

Here is my command line pipeline that duplicates the problem:
./gst-launch playbin uri=file:///0002DC.mov

And the message I receive:
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
** Message: don't know how to handle video/x-gst-fourcc-dvhp, width=(int)960,
height=(int)720, framerate=(fraction)2997/50, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstAudioSinkClock
Got EOS from element "playbin0".
Execution ended after 14914789298 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Seeing that ffmpeg already knows how to handle the dvhp codec, I am thinking
that ffmpeg plugin is not including the 'video/x-gst-fourcc-dvhp' caps
although it can handle it.

What are your thoughts?
Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!