How to appoint the default decoder (hardware or software) the gstreamer use

Kapil Agrawal kapil.agl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 01:14:58 PDT 2011

I dont think gstreamer searches software decoder s first and then hardware,
it all depends on the RANK.
If you want gstreamer to change priority of certain decoder element, please
assign higher RANK then other lower priority elements.
For this you need to make changes in your plugin source code and recompile.

Best
Kapil

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:58 AM, shaonan wang <wshn13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,everyone:
>              Now I am working on a small project ,I want to make a small
> program based on gstreamer to play videos.At first it play well, but when I
> play HD video,says 720P,it not smooth.I know the gstreamer search software
> decoders first,then harware. But how can I appoint the priority of hardware
> and software??? I want hardware decoder first, software second . Thank all!

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kapilagrawal
www.mediamagictechnologies.com
(Consultancy - Multimedia, Gstreamer, ffmpeg, Streaming for platforms-
linux, windows, TI, android)