v4l2 support?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Tue Nov 8 04:04:33 PST 2011

gst-plugins-base 0.10.35 has video4linux2 plugin which includes
the v4l2src element.  Sadly, this no longer builds with newer
tools as <linux/videodev.h> was removed from the kernel in 2.6.38

Looking for an update, I checked the sources for gst-plugins-base 0.11.1
and it seems that video4linux support is now gone?

What's the path forward here?  I really need v4l2src :-)

Thanks