Camerabin: image capture width/height

Thiago Sousa Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.com
Wed Nov 16 12:29:10 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 11:09 -0800, cokelid wrote:
> Thanks very much for the reply!

Hello,

> Sudarshan Bisht wrote:
> >
> > Image capture resolution can be set with "set-image-resolution" action
> > signal.
> >
> Actually, I have directly set the properties (which, according to the
> http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/manauw/gst-plugins-bad.git/tree/ChangeLog?h=baseaudioencoder
> changelog , were added last year) rather than using an action signal.
> Hopefully this is the right thing to do?
>
> I've avoided camerabin2 on account of it being described as
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-camerabin2.html#gst-plugins-bad-plugins-camerabin2.description
> Experimental and Unstable !

Camerabin2 should be much easier to set up than camerabin1, it is still
unstable (though it shouldn't change much at this point), but it is not
experimental anymore. The downside is that it hasn't had a release
without the experimental tagging yet, should be available on the next
-bad release. If you want to use it, you can get it from git.

Back to camerabin1, are you doing what's described in docs? (Like
Sudarshan suggested). Did you try the latest version on git to check if
the problem still happens? If it does, you should file a bug with an
application example to reproduce the bug and I can look at it.

BR,
Thiago