playbin2 plays radio stream with glitches

souvikdatta souvik.datta at wipro.com
Mon Nov 21 03:32:46 PST 2011

Hello,
I am trying to play SHOUTcast stream with playbin2 (finally uses
souphttpsrc). by issuing : -

gst-launch playbin2 uri=http://81.173.3.254:80

This stream is getting played with noticeable glitches. Some of the other
stations are playing OK. I may be wrong but my observation is that for all
those stations for which I am able to extract "name" TAG from the stream, I
can hear the stream without noise.

The strange part is that , when I am playing the same URL using souphttpsrc
as source, I am able to hear the song without any glitches.

Can some one please throw some light on this? Am I missing something here.

Here is the ICY header information for the stream:

ICY 200 OK
icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires  http://www.winamp.com/ Winamp <BR>
icy-notice2:SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/Linux v1.9.8<BR>
icy-name:Pinguin Radio
icy-genre:Alternative
icy-url:http://www.pinguinradio.nl
content-type:audio/mpeg