Render text at certain moments with GnlComposition

Thibault Saunier thibault.saunier at collabora.com
Mon Nov 21 16:50:21 PST 2011

Hello,

Have you tried using the Gstreamer Editing Services to do that?
Transitions and text overlay are supported already:

*http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-editing-services/html/GESTimelineTextOverlay.html
*http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-editing-services/html/GESTimelineStandardTransition.html

I know it is not really the answer to your technical question but GES
seems to be best suited for this particular problem. Also as GES is
built upon gnonlin, you could have a look at the code to see how we
handle that.

Regards,

Thibault Saunier