How to split a mkv(AVC+AAC) file to pure video and audio files by using gst-launch?

Raymond18 yhung124 at
Fri Nov 25 03:55:58 PST 2011

To "Mailing List SVR" & "Deepika",

After using gst-launch-0.10 to generate a from_matro.h264 file,
I use the "mediainfo" tool to verify that file, it should show the format of

And VLC player also can play the h264 file that I extract from original mkv
file by using "mkvextract" of mkvtoolnix-4.5.0-1 tool.
Or I use following command to verify it and it works.
# gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=./test_track1_jpn.h264 ! h264parse !
ffdec_h264 ! autovideosink

Or.....Can anyone tell me what container does the following file use?
$ mediainfo test_track1_jpn.h264
Complete name : test_track1_jpn.h264
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
File size : 402 MiB

Format  : AVC
Format/Info  : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile   : High at L3.1
Format settings, CABAC  : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP  : M=1, N=30
Width  : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio  : 16:9
Frame rate mode  : Variable
Color space  : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type  : Progressive

Sent from the GStreamer-devel mailing list archive at