How to play mpeg4 dump (in a fifo)

Mon Nov 28 06:23:15 PST 2011

Il 28/11/2011 12:34, Nezer Zaidenberg ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a live source (webcam) that I want to record continuously
> without losing any video - but also be able to playback everything up
> to the last minute. I am trying to dump the video to a fifo and then
> record it from the fifo one minute at a time.
>
> The problem is that it seems there is a problem with the timestamps.
> It looks like gstreamer expects a clock to be supplied by the filesrc
> but that doesn't happen.
> Specifically when I try to play the pipe instead of record it, I get
> choppy video and a warning is emitted about the timestamps.
>
> Does anyone know how I could record an mpeg stream from a fifo?
>
> For reference, here are the pipelines:
> source pipe:
> gst-launch rtspsrc location="<webcam>" ! rtpmp4vdepay ! filesink
> location=pipe
>
> record pipe:
> gst-launch filesrc location=pipe ! 'video/mpeg, mpegversion=4,
> systemstream=false, width=320, height=240. framerate=(fraction)30/1,
> codec_data=...' ! matroskamux ! filesink location="1.mkv"
>
> play pipe:
> gst-launch filesrc location=pipe ! 'video/mpeg, mpegversion=4,
> systemstream=false, width=320, height=240. framerate=(fraction)30/1,
> codec_data=...' ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

try to add do-timestamp=true to the filesrc element (or sync=false to
the videosink), however gstreamer allow to record and play with only 1
pipeline, no need for this hack:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer-plugins/html/gstreamer-plugins-tee.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gstreamer-app.html

Nicola