GStreamer+opencv+windows

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Oct 7 01:28:00 PDT 2011

On 10/06/2011 01:32 PM, rui luis wrote:
> Good day.
> I made a small aplication using Gstreamer+opencv where i use a buffer probe
> to process a video frame using opencv(i do not mess the video frame). The
> program works in linux. then i compile it for windows. i try it in linux
> using wine and it works. However when i use it in a windows xp it does not
> work.. if i remove the opencv part the video is displayed.. whenever there
> is opencv code inside the buffer probe it does not work... if i add opencv
> code to other parts of the program they work..
>
> the only error that i can get in windows is  unhandle exception....
> 0x000005: Access violation reading location 0xfffffff
Are you passing the data pointer from the buffer probe to a different
thread that is doing the opencv stuff? I am suspecting that something
holds a reference to the data which is owned by gstreamer. Once the
frame is rendered that memory goes away and bang. We do have a couple of
opencv based eleemtn in gst-plugin-bad and I encourage you to have a
look at them and rather write an element for your analysis. This gives
you a lot more safety and control.

Stefan