Playbin video scaling

Tvrtko Ursulin tvrtko.ursulin at onelan.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 03:57:38 PDT 2011

On Monday 10 Oct 2011 10:41:36 soumendra satapathy wrote:
> OK i learnt that i have to use the videoscale element and then add the caps
> filter after that to specify the size but still i am facing issue :( ... It
> is not resizing as per the value ...

Two problems here - you are not connecting elements and more importantly I
don't think it makes sense to add elements behind playbin. What you need to do
is build your own video output bin and set it to playbin's video-sink
property.

To recap, instantiate a bin, add and link videoscale, capsfilter and
autovideosink, and then tell playbin to use it via it's video-sink property.

Tvrtko