anyone who can explain more on the difference between segment.abs_rate and segment.abs_applied_rate

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 00:56:51 PDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 09:39 AM, bcxa sz wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> can you also help me clarify my below question?
>
>  From my understanding, the absolute clock should be always increasing
> from gstreamer design point of view.
Yes
> But in our scenario (embedded system), the element which provide the
> clock will makes absolute time wrap around if seek backward or
> backward trickmode because the element provide the clock with video or
> audio PTS.
You will need to wrap the clock inside a clock object that compensates
for those
time wraps. You can use gst_audio_clock_reset() to inform the default
audio clock
of such time wraps.

> It will be against the assumption of gstreamer (absolute time should
> always increase).
Yes, don't do it.
> Do you think current my way will be the issue?
If your current way is to make a buggy clock, then yes, you'll have
issues. It can be
easily made non-buggy, though.

Wim